The Solbrake is now a legacy product and limited stock is only available. This page will remain until all stock levels are exhausted.
Dynamic Brakes for AC Motors 4-315KW, 220-690V
The Solbrake is the ultimate replacement for the old electrical braking systems such as Reversing (which may result in reversing the motor rotation) or Regenerative braking (which requires resistors to absorb the energy).
Solid State Motor Brakes provide fast, smooth, frictionless braking of squirrel cage motors by injecting controlled DC current into the motor windings, after mains contactor has opened. This induces a stationary magnetic field which exerts a braking torque on the rotor.
The Solbrake can be used with mechanical brakes to softly bring the motor speed to zero before operating a mechanical brake.
- Reduced stopping time – To increase production rate in machine tools and high inertia loads
- Reduced stopping time – To increase safety in hazardous machines
- Soft, smooth stopping, preventing wear and tear of mechanical parts
- Adjustable braking torque, matching load size and required stop time
- Auto stop, reducing motor heating
- Maintenance free, highly reliable operation
- Easy installation in electrical switchgear
- Machine tools
- Circular saws
- Safety brakes
- Large flywheel applications
- Fast stopping of high inertia loads